Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Nice job you have been working hard on this last update :) I do not think the pages are overly complicated or busy
Reply to top
Hi Skwerl77 and Rott, thanks for your thoughts, hopefully it works for everyone and covers every scenario. The schedules will still work with custom rules as it currently does so you can do things like turn an outlet on/off at a specific time, say co2, and during the on period the custom rule would control and during off period custom rule would be ignored.

Skwerl77 there is an option to setup an alert using the custom rules with any sensor right now. If you only want an alert you can setup a custom rule to do just that.
Reply to top
This update looks great, I'm really looking forward to it. Good job on it Rob! BTW, I've been looking into SSRs for a while now and would really be interested in upgrading to it. When do you think they might be available and do you have the relays picked out?
Reply to top
Thanks, I'm hard at it. I've been wasting time on the scheduling as my first 2 attempts I didn't really like how it functioned so I'm on the 3rd design which should work out good.

Those SSRs are nice, I do have some 8amp relays picked out so with these you'll loose access to 2amps of power as what you have is good for 10amps but for most that's not a problem. 10amp+ SSR relays start to triple+ in cost that's why. With that said I'm also going to have 2 and 4 outlet power bars which will have larger relays, these would be good for large pumps and heaters. In v5 I've set it up so you can tell the controller how many power bars are connected and how many outlets are in each power bar so you only see what you need. I still have to design the PCB and get them made so it'll be a month or two before I have them, lately I've been focusing hard on the software as I really want to get this finished as I expect it'll make the controller much better.

On a side note I just went through the images I posted on the first page as noticed the first batch are all faded out, not sure how that happened, I'm sure they were proper when I posted them so yeah they should be brighter.
Reply to top
language package - what file format?
will you be able to translate it?

You can add one more light mode
between Sunset
- Nightfall
Nigth
Dusk
Reply to top
Hi Irass, there will be language packs and it'll just be a matter of changing the language in the settings.

I haven't done the light modes yet so it is possible to add another however I don't know where I would put it, that page is full, any ideas?
Reply to top
Wow looks like a very good update, like the ability to control the temperature to 0.1 deg, so far that is the only minor problem I have seen, for those of us that use Centigrade 1 degree temp swing is quite a lot, I like to keep the tank to within 0.5 of the set temp.

One thing I did notice (again for centigrade users) when you change the display to deg C the alarms & setpoints stay at deg F, again minor point.

With the sensors, could you add the ability to reverse the input, selectable active low or active high?
Reply to top
I've gotten a lot of feedback over time so trying to get everything just right this time. Yeah those temps should have been .1 deg, they all will be soon. If you setup a custom rule to control the heater I think you get a decimal to play with. I don't have 4.2 loaded on my display right now as I'm busy on v5. :)

The temps not changing in the alarms I hear most lol, I will fix that. I'm sure you figured out you just need set them in a C range.

I am doing that with the sensors, someones had to change that in the code as well so it's on the list. If you think of anything else as you set it up let me know.
Reply to top
Maybe this arrangement of light mode modules
Is it translated well, day and night modes of light?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Moving the temp mode button works, I can find another place for it so yeah I'll add that extra mode.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,an idea i had.......tds meter with one or sensors option
Reply to top
Hi John, sorry I'm not sure what you are referring to?
Reply to top
Maybe i posted to the wrong topic,but i was thinking of connecting a tds (total disolved solids) meter to the controller for checking the water......
Also ,for someone which using reverse osmosis may need to connect 3 flow meters ,will it be possible after the 5.0 update and 3rd gen boards?
Reply to top
No you posted in the correct place however I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Those things are already possible, you can connect a conductivity circuit from Atlas Scientific which will output conductivity, TDS, salinity and specific gravity for sea water. You can use any of those 4 parameters in the custom rules to control different equipment and get email alerts.

On the 2nd gen boards, I think you have this, you can connect 4 flow meters, on 3rd gen it's only 2 but at a later date I will have an addon available for more.
Reply to top
Ok,thanks for info.
But if i update my 2nd gen to 5.0 i will lose the 2 more flow option......
Reply to top
You'll still have access to all 4
Reply to top
Ok......you are the best........
Reply to top
lol thanks, I'll take it when I can. :)
Reply to top
about the adding new light modes for morning and dusk don't those all ready happen with the current controller just extended the length of time for the lights to come on and intensity over that period and then reverse it at the end of the day for a (Dusk) effect and just use different color combinations and not really sure what would happen at Night Mode. lights go off and fish sleep like normal you could use a moon cycle with your actinic lights on just at low power

anyway just some thoughts
Reply to top
Rob, not sure if it something that isn't working in V4.2 or if I'm just missing it, but in V5.0, would it be possible to add:

- storm effects both on a schedule as well as initiate a storm at will
- simulate a 24 hour lighting cycle in ~60 seconds
- add more than 2 power bars
- more icons/names for outlets (ex. pump, T5HO, LED, ATO, etc.)

Other things:
- set custom reminders/emails after x days/weeks/months
- send a custom reminder/email after x gallons/liters on a flow meter

BTW, could you recommend a couple compatible flow meters?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 15,376 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,257 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F