Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v3.40 is Ready
Hi, I've got an update finished, in this update more dosing pump schedules have been added, a screen lock feature, the ability to turn the screensaver into a digital clock and some improvements and fixes.

New Features & Improvements

There was a big improvement made in handling schedule times that can't be seen. This technically removes the limits on schedules and frees up a lot of memory. Because of this I'll be updating all the AC outlets and auto fish feeder to 10 schedules per day and will add more schedules (fades) for the lights.

For now the dosing pump schedules have been increased from 1 scheduled time per day to 10 times per day. When you go to the schedules menu and select the dosing pumps you get the screen below. The names under each pump can be customized in the sketch, next update the custom names will be on the SD card so you don't have to change them every update. This update will erase all the current dosing schedules so you will need to set them up again.

[Image: dosing_schedule_1.jpg]

When you select the pump you want to adjust you get the following screen. At the top you can see the pump number your adjusting and the custom name. You can see the 10 times for the day and what days they will trigger. If no days are selected the scheduled time won't run so if you only want 2 schedules for example, the last 8 schedule times shouldn't have any X showing. If you set a schedule for 12:00am or 00:00 it should be the final scheduled time.

[Image: dosing_schedule_2.jpg]

When you press one of the rows you get the screen below. At the top you get the dosing pump number, custom name and schedule number and can adjust the time and days for that schedule.

[Image: dosing_schedule_3.jpg]

Next is the screen lock feature. Here you can setup a custom 4 digit pin code and turn the screen lock on/off. When the screen lock is enabled the screen will lock in 5 minutes after the last touch. When it locks you can only see the home screen or the screensaver if its enabled. If you press the screen when it is locked you come to the page below where you can enter the pin. If the correct pin is entered you'll return to the home screen and can do whatever. The default pin is 1234 and change be changed on the display. At the top of the screen in the header is a new padlock icon, this will turn green when the screen is locked.

[Image: security.jpg]

And finally I added a digital clock feature that I promised someone long ago so I did that as well. This is built into the screensaver feature. If the screensaver is enabled and the digital clock is enabled this will be displayed when the screensaver activates. The setting to turn it on/off is located on the "customize display" screen.

[Image: customize_display.jpg]

Fixes
  • Info from the scrolling box on home page was displaying data when screensaver was enabled
  • Scheduled time for data logs/graphs could be cleared under certain circumstances resulting in no data being written to SD card
That's it for today, if you find any issues or have any suggestions let me know. :)
Reply to top
Nice work like always :) I secretly hope, that atlas calibration and slope functions will be in this update, but maybe version 3.50 :P

You forgot to mention how to get that screen lock page in first time, so you can enabled it if wanted :D Press that lock icon top of the screen, and it opens that screen :)
Reply to top
GREAT work Rob, thanks ! K0507

Rob, do you think more schedules (fades) for the lights are necessary?
I think it's already great the way it is.

If you do want to change the light, a feature to dim the lights manually would be great or maybe set a "dim factor".
This way you can dim the lights temporarily e.g. when you put in new corals or having problems with (cyano) algae.

Or maybe a feature to use the keypad to enter slider values...

Reply to top
(04-01-2017, 04:08 PM)Arne Wrote: GREAT work Rob, thanks ! K0507

Rob, do you think more schedules (fades) for the lights are necessary?
I think it's already great the way it is.

If you do want to change the light, a feature to dim the lights manually would be great or maybe set a "dim factor".
This way you can dim the lights temporarily e.g. when you put in new corals or having problems with (cyano) algae.

Or maybe a feature to use the keypad to enter slider values...

Yeah i think so too :) But if Rob is planning to add more, separate sunrise and sunset would be nice, now there is "low sun" which is almost the same, but if there are sunset and sunrise you can add like more red color in sunset than a sunrise etc. So basically can set much nicer and separate colors to those events. But like Arne say it its great the way it is now :) 

"Or maybe a feature to use the keypad to enter slider values... " 

i like to see those values in percents (0-100%) :D Also Rob if you ever feel that there is nothing to do / add / fix anymore (not likely :D) would you consider adding something like this ?

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50...g~original
Reply to top
Thanks guys. I'll probably just add one more fade, that would be from moon to off. Arne, there is a feature to manually dim the lights and go around the schedules. If you press the lights button on the home page that allows you to tune the lights and won't affect any of the 4 light modes. If you put it in temp mode you press "resume" on home screen to go back. I might add a few more presets. I'm also going to add an option so the LED value can be how it is or percentage.

One day I might add a keyboard so custom names can be changed on the display but I have to leave that till the end as I don't want to waste any space. An LED graph is something that will be added, eventually all equipment will be logged and turned into a graph.
Reply to top
Yeah you're right Rob, I can use the temporarily light setting for just that, thanks.
We already spoke about showing the slider settings in percentages, it would be nice but for me not a must.
I'm very happy with the more dosing times... ;-)

From "moon" to "off"... okay. I hope you make it in a way that you can leave out the new "off" fade.
I will not use it because my lights will never be turned off and it and it would look a bit strange when you see the fade "off" in the display with the lights still running...

Rob, just another quick question, when pump 1 - 4 is running, you can see the red stroke in the home display. When pump 5 - 8 gets activated, it doesn't show this stroke.
You will get the message that pump X is running.

Reply to top
Looks really great Rob just a question that is totally off topic here but will any of these pages be able to be on the App for the phone to be able to control the controller and its settings from the internet
Reply to top
(04-02-2017, 03:27 AM)Arne Wrote: Yeah you're right Rob, I can use the temporarily light setting for just that, thanks.
We already spoke about showing the slider settings in percentages, it would be nice but for me not a must.
I'm very happy with the more dosing times... ;-)

From "moon" to "off"... okay. I hope you make it in a way that you can leave out the new "off" fade.
I will not use it because my lights will never be turned off and it and it would look a bit strange when you see the fade "off" in the display with the lights still running...

Rob, just another quick question, when pump 1 - 4 is running, you can see the red stroke in the home display. When pump 5 - 8 gets activated, it doesn't show this stroke.
You will get the message that pump X is running.
I'm not making any new icons for the off fade, it would still be the moon icon showing. Not sure yet how I'll do it but it'll work out. 

The dosing pumps on the home page react like that because you are seeing reseviour 1-4 on the home page, so if 1-4 goes off the reseviour turns red but if 5-8 goes off and you're viewing 1-4 you don't get that because 1-4 isn't running. You just get the message. If you press on the dosing pumps you will see 5-8 and if viewing that it'll be reverse from how it is now. If you leave home page and come back it always goes to 1-4, I have to work on that more later so view will stay 5-8.

(04-02-2017, 01:08 PM)rott Wrote: Looks really great Rob just a question that is totally off topic here but will any of these pages be able to be on the App for the phone to be able to control the controller and its settings from the internet

Thanks, the internet access hasn't changed, you can't access the settings yet, thats down the road, you'll know when it happens. :)
Reply to top
Rob, I don't need to see 5 - 8 constantly, 1 - 4 is fine.
I just thought it would show the pump that is running and then go back to the default home page.

Reply to top
Maybe if pumps 1-4 and 5-8 scrolls, just like ph, co2 and other readings ? It might use same timer like rest of scroll items etc :)

Then you see all pumps on homepage, without have to touch that section.
Reply to top
Isn't of showing you it tells you. ;)

I am going to make it scroll like you mention Niksu, using the other timer is a good idea.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,481 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,389 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,189 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 82,129 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM