Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v3.30 is Ready
Hi, time for another update, this one includes some additions, improvements and fixes.

I had to get the code for the Atlas Scientific circuits working better on the controller, the way it was if you enabled the circuits for only ph there would be a 1 second pause when it tried to read the circuits that weren't there. So I added options on the display to enabled/disabled each circuit so the controller doesn't pause so no need to set that in the sketch anymore. At the same time I added the ability to read from a second Atlas ph circuit, so now you can use 2 ph probes.

You can also monitor co2 levels using either of the ph circuits but only from one. There's a setting to enter in the KH value you would get from a basic test kit, you can enter the value in Degrees, PPM or MG/L. The same measurement value will be used to display the co2 value on the home page. PPM and MG/L is the same just the label changes.

Here's the new screen for everything. You can't calibrate the probes yet but that will be coming soon. Also going to have it monitor the slope of each probe so you know how old your probe is and when it needs replacing.
[Image: atlas_settings.jpg]

Niksunen also contributed a function to reset the I2C bus if it locks up so that was nice of him. :)

Those are the new features added but a few more current features were updated.

Updates/Improvements
  • First the custom rules were updated to include the 2nd ph probe, co2 value and the 4 flow meters, so now you can use any of those parameters to control most of the equipment.
  • Updated the local alarms to include the air temperature, humidity, 2nd ph and co2, soon I'll be updating the emails.
  • The small info box on the home page was updated to include the 2nd ph and co2, these can now be turned on/off to scroll in that section.
  • Improved the way the dosing pumps are stopped on the controller making it more reliable and accurate.
Fixes
  • Stopped flow meter volume from being saved to SD card if nothing is flowing
  • Fixed the starting minimum value on home page for parameters, 0 was being displayed
  • Fixed the auto fish feeder, it wasn't stopping since an update or two ago
  • Fixed the flow meter view on the home page, feeding labels were overlapping
  • Fixed issue where controller was pausing for 1 second when it was trying to send email alert when internet was disabled
If anyone finds any issues or improvements let me know.
Reply to top
Hello Rob,
Thanks for the update, that went really fast .....

The feeder run now perfectly, would it be able in future to ad more times for feeding?

The dosing pumps are still quite irregular, like I have discribe to you.
I suspect a problem with the software, because the running time influence each other.

An other question: Is it able to use a sensor as a switch (on/off) and use this status in the rules, so it would be able to create different scenes with the outlets and change it with switches.

Thankyou for your good work!!
Reply to top
"The dosing pumps are still quite irregular, like I have discribe to you.
I suspect a problem with the software, because the running time influence each other."

What problem do you have with dosing pumps? Because i don't have any, and they run every day (morning) :)
Reply to top
helllo Niksunen
I just work on my controller to finish them. therefore I test the dosingpumps with the same parameter:
one dosingpump run allways without any stop,
one run only with verry verry little steps, you can say they don't run
two run a short time
the other four run normal..
If your dosing pumps work in Software V3.30 it must be a hardwareproblem by me!
Reply to top
(03-07-2017, 03:13 PM)roland33 Wrote: Hello Rob,
Thanks for the update, that went really fast .....

The feeder run now perfectly, would it be able in future to ad more times for feeding?

The dosing pumps are still quite irregular, like I have discribe to you.
I suspect a problem with the software, because the running time influence each other.

An other question: Is it able to use a sensor as a switch (on/off) and use this status in the rules, so it would be able to create different scenes with the outlets and change it with switches.

Thankyou for your good work!!

Hi Roland, glad the feeder is working again, I will be adding more feeding times, soon I'll be adding more schedules for a lot of things. For feeding I was going to go 4 or 5 times per day.

For the dosing pumps can you try two things, hopefully first does it. Go to "system" "settings" and press "sync" then check to see if its better. If not then do the "restore defaults" that should solve it. I don't think its anything you've done as you have them running.

You can use any type of DC switch as a sensor on any of the 5 sensor ports for this, it would connect the same way as a float switch. Then in the software change the port type to "float switch" and setup the rule.
Reply to top
(03-07-2017, 04:07 PM)roland33 Wrote: helllo Niksunen
I just work on my controller to finish them. therefore I test the dosingpumps with the same parameter:
one dosingpump run allways without any stop,
one run only with verry verry little steps, you can say they don't run
two run a short time
the other four run normal..
If your dosing pumps work in Software V3.30 it must be a hardwareproblem by me!

Yeah they work fine. I use 4 pumps (1-4) and last morning i was a wake when dosing start, and they run like it should. I have that dosing pump/s don't stop at some point ( i don't remember which version) but now theyre working fine. So i cannot say how those pumps number 5,6,7 and 8 work. But i am adding couple more to my system, because four don't enough :D And i have fresh water tank, lol :D But i need pumps for magnesium and kalium. :D

I don't find much bugs this version yet (or there is not many :D ) one though is sensors page, some values like humidity is little off, but nothing serious :D And i don't know if actual readings are right, but N/A text is off :D

And i don't know if you are planning to add those "signs" / text after that co2 values, (mg/l) so this i cannot call bug :D But i personally like it there, so i added it myself . It helps remind which value you using, ppm, or mg/l :D Some might say there is no need of this, but, i like it. 

Reply to top
Oh crap that's what I forgot. On the sensors page a while ago I change it so the humidity shows up under the temp if its a DHT22. Did that because later I'm adding an option to switch temp1-4 to be DS18B20 or DHT22. And that unused humidity spot was to be for the 2nd PH value, I was going to shift everything over. But I never thought of the co2 until now so looks like I have to redo that page completely so more parameters will fit.

At some point I will be adding those symbols to the co2 on home page like yours, small details are important. :) I was trying to get the update finished because of the auto feeder.
Reply to top
(03-07-2017, 09:13 PM)Rob F Wrote: Oh crap that's what I forgot. On the sensors page a while ago I change it so the humidity shows up under the temp if its a DHT22. Did that because later I'm adding an option to switch temp1-4 to be DS18B20 or DHT22. And that unused humidity spot was to be for the 2nd PH value, I was going to shift everything over. But I never thought of the co2 until now so looks like I have to redo that page completely so more parameters will fit.

At some point I will be adding those symbols to the co2 on home page like yours, small details are important. :) I was trying to get the update finished because of the auto feeder.

Yeah, and it is best to focus big things first, little details comes later :D And next big was those atlas calibrations and slope function :D (hah, i just saying that because i wait those features most right now :D )
Reply to top
Lol, I hear you. I don't expect that to take to long to setup, making the screens it the tough part but some are done from a while ago that I think I want to use. Now I'm trying to figure a better way to handle schedules, need a 12" screen soon. :)
Reply to top
Hello Rob,
I install the software new, now the dosing pumps work, but only one is always on.
The transistor T3 is broken. Please can you tell me what kind of Transistor it is (perhaps KSC3265?) so I would replace them.
Reply to top
Sorry to hear about the transistor, here's a link to what I'm using. I looked up the one you mentioned and to me it looks like it will work but I've been known to be wrong in the past. :)

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en...-ND/717394
Reply to top
Rob, I'm not sure but is there a way already available to dose more times a day?

Reply to top
Hi Arne, currently you can only dose once per day. I'm working on better scheduling now. This is my mock up so far. Over time I want to change everything to have more schedules.

[Image: schedules.jpg]
Reply to top
Thanks Rob... ;-)
This schedule looks great already !

Reply to top
Thanks, thought you might like it. :) It'll be a couple weeks before next update as I have a lot of non-code related work to do but I'm working on it.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,417 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,322 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,126 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 82,011 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM