Poll: Would you use a LUX Sensor for Light Brightness. NOT A PAR METER - Cost about $10 + Waterproofing
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning Final Hardware Phase
(12-03-2015, 11:58 AM)Guest Wrote: I have a reef tank. i have a havy sps and lps tank. so i if i dose it in 1 time my sps dont like it and color brown from stress.
Dosingpump 1 5x30ml kh
Dosingpump 2 5x30ml ca
Dosingpump 3 3x20ml mg
Dosingpump 4 2x5ml strontium
Dosingpump 5 2x5ml iodine
Dosingpump 6 2x5ml manganese
My reef is because of this super stabile
My saltwatertests are always spot on. 
I cant dose evrything togeter because they wil react and cristalise on the bottum of my sump.
Good to know that I'm not the only one who is nuts about careful dosing and flat line water walues. K05163
Reply to top
(12-04-2015, 07:09 AM)TilmanBaumann Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 11:58 AM)Guest Wrote: I have a reef tank. i have a havy sps and lps tank. so i if i dose it in 1 time my sps dont like it and color brown from stress.
Dosingpump 1 5x30ml kh
Dosingpump 2 5x30ml ca
Dosingpump 3 3x20ml mg
Dosingpump 4 2x5ml strontium
Dosingpump 5 2x5ml iodine
Dosingpump 6 2x5ml manganese
My reef is because of this super stabile
My saltwatertests are always spot on. 
I cant dose evrything togeter because they wil react and cristalise on the bottum of my sump.
Good to know that I'm not the only one who is nuts about careful dosing and flat line water walues.  K05163

Yep, it's all about stabilety. That makes a reef tank grow and colors pop.
I'm also thinking of dosing potasium and  boron.
First i need to calculate my values. So 8 dosingpump's are realy handy.  K05163
Reply to top
I'm curious, what's the dosing pump limits on these other big controllers out there?
Reply to top
just curious what test you have used to tell you need to does potassium and boron? I am not sure I have ever seen a test for them here where I live. You could just be adding unnecessary chemicals to the water that don't get used by the corals  if your keeping up with water changes things like strontium, iodine, manganese should all be covered

I dose weekly KH Ca MG and strontium just to make sure the Ca is bio-available

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
(12-04-2015, 10:43 AM)rott Wrote: just curious what test you have used to tell you need to does potassium and boron? I am not sure I have ever seen a test for them here where I live. You could just be adding unnecessary chemicals to the water that don't get used by the corals  if your keeping up with water changes things like strontium, iodine, manganese should all be covered

I dose weekly KH Ca MG and strontium just to make sure the Ca is bio-available

Evry 3 mounts i send sample water to triton.de. they test over 24 values.  after a week i now my exact values. And they give advise for dosing k and B and a lot more. 

with my dosingpump i can do 24 dosings a day with 1 pump. From 1 ml to 999ml.

[Image: tapatalk_1449251838968.jpg][Image: tapatalk_1449251852599.jpg][Image: tapatalk_1449251500523.jpg]

These are the only 2 bourds in my dosingpump.
Reply to top
Wow 24 doses a day, guess I'm not going to out do it. But I can do 8 pumps haha... Looks like a cool controller, where did you get it? On mine it'll do less than 1ml and now up to 255ml. It was 99ml but in the next update that changes. I can't imagine someone wanting to dose a liter, with these pumps it would take an hour lol. What's the maximum you dose?
Reply to top
(12-05-2015, 02:17 PM)robsworld78 Wrote: Wow 24 doses a day, guess I'm not going to out do it. But I can do 8 pumps haha... Looks like a cool controller, where did you get it? On mine it'll do less than 1ml and now up to 255ml. It was 99ml but in the next update that changes. I can't imagine someone wanting to dose a liter, with these pumps it would take an hour lol. What's the maximum you dose?

My max dosing is now 5x 30ml per day at 1 pump
The jebao dp4 is realy simpel in use. 
this little cpu is just a life clock.
You set the clock.
There is a manual mode. You can dose somthing with just pusching the number of the pump and it starts running.

Calibration mode. you need to dose exact 100ml of fluide. En stop the pump. Than it wil knowe howe many seconds is 100ml. aprox 170sec doses 100ml fluide.
Then when you go too program menu. It ask howe many dosings you like. 
I did  enter 5. Then it asks 5x what time you want to dose and  then howe many ml you want too dose in a single dosing Exampel
  1.00 -> 30ml (it runs for approx. 17.64 sec)
  9.00 -> 30ml
13.00 -> 30ml
17.00 -> 30ml
21.00 -> 30ml
             -----------
              150ml

I ordert it from www.fishstreet.com
IT costs 99$ i think. It has also a expension of 4 dosingpumps. 79$
The price can be wrong. Its just realy cheap. It works realy good. Lots of my friends own .

if you manage to coörperate this in your system. I wil have many buyers from belgium fur you. There is not muth of diy stuff availebel. In usa its realy easy too get evrithing. Belgium is a realy small country. And hard too get good diy materials. 

Grtz Dice
Reply to top
So many things I want to make now... I don't like the calibration mode because you have to stop the pump at 100ml which is to much room for error, could be hard to do accurately and what if I don't have anything to measure 100ml. I calibrated my pump the other day for the first time and I really like how it worked except for the fact it was missing the run pump button on the calibration screen so I had to go back and forth between screen but it will be there next update. For calibrating I used my test tube from the water test kit, it's 5ml to the line, best thing I could find that I thought would be accurate. I felt using a real measuring cup would be impossible because 1ml isn't going to make a big difference, with 5ml test I can see if its out a little bit, probably down to a 10th with that nice white line on the tube. So I set the dose amount to 5ml and then adjusted the speed of the pump until it pumped exactly 5ml. Was very easy to do. Then I raised the dose amount in different increments until I got to 250ml to test and it was always on, went back down to 5ml and that's what I got.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank Hardware Expansions Coming Soon Rob F 13 8,422 11-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank 3rd Generation Hardware Rob F 42 34,987 06-24-2018, 07:14 PM
  Gen 2 Hardware Mod Required Rob F 1 4,698 12-19-2016, 04:10 AM