Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pin out feeder
Hi Rob, 

How do you connect a feeder on the usb? I guess it depends on it...
The mine is there : 

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/EHEIM-Digital-Eve...SwFGNWTJMJ

Thanks 
Dom
Reply to top
Hi Dom do you all ready have the wire soldered to the inside of the Eheim feeder for power and the other set for control of the feed drum?

if you do on the connection board there is a usb port named feeder it has 3v gnd data and extra pin so only 3 out of the 4 pins are used I just plugged in the usb cable then used a volt meter to find +v and gnd and then just tried the other 2 wires till I got the data wire white I think
Reply to top
(12-07-2015, 03:37 PM)rott Wrote: Hi Dom do you all ready have the wire soldered to the inside of the Eheim feeder for power and the other set for control of the feed drum?

if you do on the connection board there is a usb port named feeder it has 3v gnd data and extra pin so only 3 out of the 4 pins are used I just plugged in the usb cable then used a volt meter to find +v and gnd and then just tried the other 2 wires till I got the data wire white I think

Hi Rott,
 That's what i thought, yes i soldered a cable for powering the feeder with 3v. And i am going to proceed as you say. Real pleasure to test little by little, next step is now to test connections for relays 9-16. And dosing pumps circuits.
Reply to top
when I took my Eehiem apart I soldered the wires to the battery poles so if I ever wanted to use it again with batteries I could by just inserting them and soldering inside on the main circuit board was easy. I found it helped to drill a hole in the top to pass all the wires threw to make it look nice and keep all the wires in
Reply to top
UPDATED: See thread with link below.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Al...der-wiring
Reply to top
what is the blue arrow for on the board I forget I just have mine plugged in to the usb port
Reply to top
Not possible to be more clear with those pictures! My feeder is working. Let's go!
Thanks.
Reply to top
(12-08-2015, 12:56 PM)rott Wrote: what is the blue arrow for on the board I forget I just have mine plugged in to the usb port

That's for a jumper to get a ground to the port. You need to connect those pins with something.
Reply to top
so what are you saying I am suppose to solder a wire to those 2 points to make a bridge for ground? with mine plugged in to the usb port it is working fine and I don't think I made that connection
Reply to top
Didn't think it would work without it. Is your eheim always powered or only when feeding? I probably have the pin set so the ground is connected that's why it works for you. You can leave it as is, if you want it like mine you would need to move the GND wire in your USB connector and then run the jumper in the picture. You don't need to solder it, you can use one of the dupont style jumpers like connecting the relays.
Reply to top
As per my experience there are many ways to use the Feeder port, depending on feeder and preference I suppose.
You should also be able to use many of them, of course on the same schedule though. It can also be used with a pump or anything needing switching, up to 600ma, it can do both at the same time.
However at this point the pump would only run as long as the feeder so maybe not useful at this point until I add some more code so it can run the length of the feed.
Reply to top
RicShaw we'll said and correct
Reply to top
lol, I read that and thought, that's exactly what I said, turns out it is in the first post. Were you trying to reply RicShaw?
Reply to top
does this function still work on the current boards and software?
I want to add this function as soon as I get my new angels to keep their bellies full and keep them growing
Reply to top
@fietsenrex glad to meet some one else that likes angels have to buy them small here or they get very expensive fast
Reply to top
(06-09-2016, 07:47 AM)fietsenrex Wrote: does this function still work on the current boards and software?
I want to add this function as soon as I get my new angels to keep their bellies full and keep them growing

Hello, the mine is working with last v2 update.
Reply to top
(06-09-2016, 07:47 AM)fietsenrex Wrote: does this function still work on the current boards and software?

Hi Fietsenrex, yeah the auto feeder is working. I haven't run it for a while so I'm going to connect it soon to make sure its still good but you should be ok.
Reply to top
well finally got around wiring up my feeder.
it still has its battery's so it will run it's own schedule.
but if the controller issues a run it beeps and nothing happens..

I'll try to troubleshoot on sunday.
I didn't fit the jumper on the controller board since rott has it running without the ground jumper
Reply to top
Hi Fietsenrex, its probably best not to have the battery in the feeder as the controller provides power. Leaving it in there could cause it to explode as voltage will always be going into them.

Make sure the feeder is enabled on feed settings page check voltage on feeder port. Should have 3.3v with ground and power wire. If you do then you don't need the ground jumper, if you have no power you will.
Reply to top
Feeder was powered on without battery's and with feeder disabled.
But it does not run if I press the manual feed button.
So to keep it feeding I inserted the battery's.
Think that I made a mistake or that I do need the constant ground to provide enough power or something
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pin outs of relays Neongt 5 7,435 06-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  temp probe pin outs for usb plug Neongt 13 13,311 03-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Rob F