Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH probe
This probe will work?

The resistance of the membrane (the temp. 20 ° C) 100 ... 200 MOhm
The resistance of the liquid connector 0.4 ... 1 k
The zero point of pH 7.0 ± 0.5 (0 ± 30 mV)
Reply to top
Not sure, I know nothing about them. The Atlas circuit says it works with any probe so it should be ok, maybe someone can jump in.
Reply to top
I want to connect the probe PH (module)
What to buy, where to connect what pins.
Do I need to change anything in the code arduino?
Reply to top
Hi Irass, here's some links to a ph circuit and small board for it.

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/product...zo_ph.html
https://www.atlas-scientific.com/product...rrier.html

It connects to the power bar using the SCL/SDA pins on the board. You don't need to change anything in the code, connect it and it should start working.
Reply to top
Hello,
 I have got that ph circuit. I do not know the right way to plug it on the board.
Could you help me?

Dom.
Reply to top
Hi Dom, do you have a link to where you got that circuit so I can see if they have documents. The image is clear and I see the pinouts but not sure what most are for. I'm guessing that's an analog circuit, there is some code in the controller that might work for it but I need more info to see how it would connect so you can try it.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
 Nothing more than  those pictures...

Another one.
Do not remember where I found it.
Reply to top
Unfortunately I'm not really sure. If you have a volt meter handy connect the circuit to the controller using a 5v and GND pin to Power + and Power GND. Then with your volt meter check if you have voltage coming out Signal GND and PH output and also see if there's voltage coming out of Signal GND and Level Signal output pins. If it is an analog circuit the voltage should be somewhere between 0-5v so around 2.5v if the PH is 7.0.

If there is voltage in that range and it swings when the PH changes it'll likely work. Do you have Rev A board on version 2 controller? The code is setup using Analog pin 0 which is Sensor 1 port, if you let me know which board you have I can point out the pin location.
Reply to top
I ll try with voltmeter. I have Rev D
Reply to top
Ok you'll want to use port 18 on the accessory board, you'll want pin 2 on the 3rd plug from the RJ45 socket. I attached an image showing the plug, it's marked as "sensor 1". 

You'll also need to make a small change in the controller sketch to enable the code, I haven't added an option to the display as I don't really recommend the Analog circuit because they aren't as reliable and if you use other probes in the tank it could affect it because they aren't isolated. I will be adding this setting so this doesn't need to be done in the future.

In v4.10 controller sketch find line 126 which is

bool phCircuit = 0; // 0 = Atlas Scientific   1 = Analog Circuit

change the = 0 to = 1 and upload. 

If you have voltages on one of those pins above you should get a reading on the display under PH1.

Reply to top
This is exactly same chip that i use first. You might remember that Rob? Unfortunately this kind of analog chips is very bad and not work good at aquarium use. It works somewhat fine if you put probe to drinking glass and some water there. But in aquarium there is so much "noise" that you cannot get accurate readings, and values you get shifts all the time.

My solution was to throw that cheap analog chip to garbage can :D And buy atlas-scientific stamp and whiteboxlab isolated carrier board. https://www.whiteboxes.ch/shop/isolated-...ier-board/

After those i get very steady and accurate readings :)
Reply to top
(02-01-2018, 03:00 PM)niksunen Wrote: This is exactly same chip that i use first. You might remember that Rob? Unfortunately this kind of analog chips is very bad and not work good at aquarium use. It works somewhat fine if you put probe to drinking glass and some water there. But in aquarium there is so much "noise" that you cannot get accurate readings, and values you get shifts all the time.

My solution was to throw that cheap analog chip to garbage can :D And buy atlas-scientific stamp and whiteboxlab isolated carrier board. https://www.whiteboxes.ch/shop/isolated-...ier-board/

After those i get very steady and accurate readings :)

Hi Niksu, I remember you used an analog circuit but thought it was a different style, either way they are all the same. I think if it was isolated it would likely work better but in my opinion not worth the cost as they just aren't very good as you know. Glad that Atlas circuit is working much better for you. :) The board you have is the one I recommend because it's very easy to connect to the controller unlike those shields that hold 2-4 circuits.
Reply to top
So I am going to change the code but as soon as I can, I will change for Atlas...
Thanks for your help.
Reply to top
(02-02-2018, 02:14 AM)Dom59 Wrote: So I am going to change the code but as soon as I can, I will change for Atlas...
Thanks for your help.

Hi Dom, the Atlas will like work better but maybe the circuit you have will be ok for your tank, it probably depends how many sensors you have in the aquarium. Since Niksu had the same circuit working it should work and you'll be able to decide from there. If you have trouble getting it working let me know.
Reply to top
(02-02-2018, 02:14 AM)Dom59 Wrote: So I am going to change the code but as soon as I can, I will change for Atlas...
Thanks for your help.

Hi mate
did that pH probe worked for u, i have got same one so wondering if it did work for u 
Thanks
Reply to top
(03-11-2018, 08:35 PM)notorious.jatt Wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Hi mate
did that pH probe worked for u, i have got same one so wondering if it did work for u 
Thanks

Hi,
I tried last week, it doesn't work...
Reply to top
(03-12-2018, 02:37 AM)Dom59 Wrote: Hi,
I tried last week, it doesn't work...

Did you try loading just a sketch for the circuit to make sure it's not something in the code? You can find a sketch on this page, scroll down to documents and there's an Arduino example.

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1110.html
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  temp probe pin outs for usb plug Neongt 13 13,315 03-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Rob F