Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Starts
It is time to start a new year and a new controller. I am looking forward to the new reef Pi it will be a new road to learn but like the first robo controller once set up and running I am sure everyone will easily transfer over to the new reef pi and have it and running with out to many headaches

Rott
Reply to top
(02-21-2020, 10:12 PM)rott Wrote: It is time to start a new year and a new controller. I am looking forward to the new reef Pi it will be a new road to learn but like the first robo controller once set up and running I am sure everyone will easily transfer over to the new reef pi and have it and running with out to many headaches

Rott
hi rott just before you start reef pi try jayfish v5 its the same I just like it more
Reply to top
(02-21-2020, 10:12 PM)rott Wrote: It is time to start a new year and a new controller. I am looking forward to the new reef Pi it will be a new road to learn but like the first robo controller once set up and running I am sure everyone will easily transfer over to the new reef pi and have it and running with out to many headaches

Rott

Yup time for a new era, getting close, the first controller is now running and testing everything out.

(02-22-2020, 03:03 PM)Neongt Wrote:

Rott
hi rott just before you start reef pi try jayfish v5 its the same I just like it more

Hi Neongt, I've never heard of JayFish, surprised no one has ever mentioned it.
Reply to top
Here's the first assembled, now just trying to get it all setup in the Reef-pi.

I don't have face plates yet, that's just a image I placed on case. The green plugs aren't flush because face plate is .6 mm thick.

[Image: Deluxe_pics.jpg]
Reply to top
dude that does look all kinds of bad ass

question how man temp probes can I use on this I need 3 is that going to work and can one be temp and humidity?
Reply to top
Thanks, for temps it depends on overall cable length between the sensors. They all use the same pin so that's the limiting factor. Soon I'm going to plug in a bunch of 15m sensors so I can know what to expect, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Reef-pi doesn't support DHT22, maybe one day is all I can say.
Reply to top
(02-22-2020, 04:22 PM)Rob F Wrote:

Rott

Yup time for a new era, getting close, the first controller is now running and testing everything out.

Rott

Rob you mentioned Jayfish. Will that software build work with your board?
Reply to top
(02-22-2020, 04:22 PM)Rob F Wrote:

Rott

Rott

Rob you mentioned Jayfish. Will that software build work with your board?
Reply to top
(05-04-2020, 09:07 PM)jasbeckett Wrote: Rob you mentioned Jayfish. Will that software build work with your board?

I don't think it will work.
Reply to top
Rob When I look, I don't see what's new about reff-pii for 3 months ???
Reply to top
(06-05-2020, 11:18 AM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Rob When I look, I don't see what's new about reff-pii for 3 months ???

That's because I've been busy filling orders and no time to update website, soon it'll be coming. Also reef-pi isn't mine, I didn't write it, I'm only offering hardware for it at this time.
Reply to top
cant wait to see mine and hopefully it wont be long till you guys can get together and make more outputs on the reefPi
Reply to top
(06-07-2020, 12:02 PM)rott Wrote: cant wait to see mine and hopefully it wont be long till you guys can get together and make more outputs on the reefPi

Won't be much longer, hoping to ship last of them this week and coming weekend.

The limit on outputs in reef-pi is very high as you can use PCA9685, the limit on inputs is the number of I/O pins on Pi but a driver for an analog chip is coming. In the not to distant future I will be making a board with more ports.
Reply to top