Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Tenerife - Canary Islands
Estuve ...comparti ...pregunte y no respondio nadie ....que pena....mejor me voy a casa...

Hola y Adios
Reply to top
Hi, sorry I sleeping when you posted and see you just removed the question, if you post again I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks
Rob
Reply to top
ok ...sorry i repost the original.. and sorry (estaba siguiendo unos tutoriales y videos y tenia lio...ahi lo tienes)

first at all...sorry for my bad english write...

i dont have an Fish Tank...but i like a lot your controller...

its inspirative for an diy grow controller too...
light controls and better climate controls... on economic way are actually my preferences

i know you use some old sensors

from my pov... with the BOSCH BME280 we have air temp air RH and barometric press... in one sensor...(this sensor is used on diy wheather stations too)

but seems to me with some calcs we can obtain DewPoint and VPD values
add an LST sensor (leaf surface temp with an cam sensor) or manually insert the values sensed with an IR temp meter gun...

actually sensing and monitoring the LST values...VPD values and Dewpoint values is higly recomended on advanced and actual grows...

seems to me you can go on that...and help to growers with an economic controller to follow VPD technics...

my pov on some sensor...

on temp sensors ...the PT1000...seems to me a great temp sensor
on temp and rh sensors ...and better than DTH22...i prefer the Sensirion SHT75 or better an BME280 for example

to monitorice plants there are profesional cams...
but seems to me we can go on Diy Cams too ...IR Cam... RGB Cam... UV cam.... multiespectra cams...

with raspis 4...we can add cams sensors etc...and go into domotic too...

there are other curious hardware or Dev Boards to add to the mix...
SMT32 seems to me helps on the accurate calcss with sensors...
ESP32 family... wifi and bluetooth (and more) on an Dev Board...lots of diferent and curious Dev Board (voice control ...Mesh nets..sensors on board...etc)

Meshtek Lab hardware (light and fan controllers 0-10V PWM etc)

Nordic Thingy52... lot of sensors... bluetooth...app for smartphone etc

but maybe you are only in the FishTank way and not like the Grow Controller...

then my time in this forum seems to me only to read

...tell me something...when you can or like...and thanks on advance...

Saludos de un viejo y pobre exelectricista canario que te sigue desde tus inicios...
Reply to top
I'm happy after all this time you finally post. :)

Basically the aquarium and grow controller is very similar, some people do use this for that but I'm sure it could be tweaked to better suit it. Right now I'm working on controller software and hope to have it flexible so it might work.

Thanks for the sensor suggestions, I will look into them. I can't do much with reef-pi but they are looking into temp sensors and my guess is it'll support others at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(10-02-2020, 09:53 PM)Rob F Wrote: I'm happy after all this time you finally post. :)

Basically the aquarium and grow controller is very similar, some people do use this for that but I'm sure it could be tweaked to better suit it. Right now I'm working on controller software and hope to have it flexible so it might work.

Thanks for the sensor suggestions, I will look into them. I can't do much with reef-pi but they are looking into temp sensors and my guess is it'll support others at some point.

sorry by not post the links but with the names you can search and have more info....not only by my sugestions...

other sugestion... look at the Mesh Nets... Wifi 6 Mesh nets...Bluetooth Mesh nets...Lora Mesh nets...

https://www.espressif.com/en/products/sd...h/overview

hardwares...Esp32 Meshkit lights....Esp32 Meshkit sense...other normal esp32 seems to me we can go on mesh nets too..sorry im too poor to test hardwares or softwares..to verificate or give you more experienced pov...
(ya me gustaria (me encantaria) probar tus hardwares (y softwares claro) y los hardwares que te propongo
...pero estoy sin trabajo (por problemas con mi espalda) y a mi edad y como esta la vida por aqui ...lo llevo muy muy difiicil)

https://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Espr...OFkw%3D%3D

on Esp32 seems to me we can go on Mesh nets... for security we can go on Esp32-S2 family (not bluetooth ...only Wifi) 
on Bluetooth...seems to me on Nordic Thingy52 we can have other securities too)

...on the youtube channel from Andreas Spiess...there are good info to my eye...on SMT32 ...arduinos raspis esp32 sensors etcetc... take a look when you can or like...

on Wifi 6 routers ... yeah its not the best wifi 6...but seems to me its an economic one ...the Honor Router 3...
for better router i prefer the AVM Fritz hardwares...im "european" (la calidad alemana me gusta mucho...como la marca WAGO para conectores electricos (serie 221 y 222) y mas cosillas electricas como las de medicion de Energia or look at her Touch panels are inspirative for my eye... similar al tuyo ...yo imagino una pantalla tactil Nextion Display mixed with an Esp32 with lipoli batery ....an Autonomus Panel Control with Wifi and Bluettoth)...ouyeahh

on raspis 4 and domotic.... under Home assistant i saw info for VPD

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ca...kpa/162582

...using HA or Esphome...seems to me we can access a lot of hardware and sensors too...

and for iot hardware (esp82xx and esp32) there are Espurna or Tasmota... to evitate go on Clouds services an go on an private net without internet conexion...

PD...a comparative using diferent temp and rh sensors

http://www.kandrsmith.org/RJS/Misc/Hygro..._many.html

lo se es mucho texto y mucho que ver... mirelo cuando tenga tiempo y ganas...no hay prisa por mi parte...ni le doy prisa a usted...vaya a su ritmo...espero le gusten mis humildes aportes...

cuidaros mucho del covid y no bajeis la guardia
un abrazo fuerte o un choque de puños como prefiera..
Saludos desde Tenerife
Reply to top
Thanks for all those details, it is a lot to digest so will take my time. :)

It's amazing what's available, if only there was 48 hours in a day.

I think some people are using Home Assistant to control reef-pi though it's API.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(10-03-2020, 09:28 PM)Rob F Wrote: Thanks for all those details, it is a lot to digest so will take my time. :)

It's amazing what's available, if only there was 48 hours in a day.

I think some people are using Home Assistant to control reef-pi though it's API.

take your time... dont stress by informations... use what your like or want...or needed...nobody press you...

yeah its amazing whats available...lol... imagine 48 hours in a day on actual Times...imagine my sugestions too...lol OMG

some people using HA to control?... mmmm... LedGardener have some vids on youtube using HA too...
using reef-pi? ...i dont know... check yourself...

yo estoy esperando que las raspis 4 de 8gb se incluyan en HA o en Openhab...y que bajen de precio mas adelante...
quizas el proximo año...tenga mas suerte con precios y hardwares interesantes...
me gustaria tener dos raspis 4 de 8gb una para usarla como minipc y la otra para usarla en temas de domotica en casa junto a un tvbox android...
...ya me gustaria tener dinero para poder hacer mi DIY...pero sin ayuda o apoyo externo...por aqui o desde aqui lo llevo muy muy dificil...

Pd he visto en un video de Growmau que tenia un controlador Robotank en su cajon desastre... ya me gustaria trastear con lo que algunos dejan en sus cajones desastre ...la "basura" de unos es un tesoro para otros... Growmau si lees esto ...dame cosas de tu cajon desatre puede que flipes con lo que haria yo...con los hardwares y softwares que no usas y cogen polvo en tu cajon desatre (te recomende el controlador Robotank ...pero nunca te gusto la via arduino...y mira donde acabo el controlador...juasss luego vinieron las raspis...pero preferistes otros controles comerciales...juasss hayyy mi cabeza ...con los atajos nunca se aprende igual...mi pov)...te fuistes por otra rama...y lo entiendo ...apoyabas una marca de un colega...y puede que hubieran intereses economicos tambien...nunca lo sabre...pero me lo imagino..

...que iluso soy...ni me leera Growmau... ni me manadaria nada de su cajon desatre... no creo ni que se acuerde de mi... juasss que le vamos a hacer
mientras espero sigo aprendiendo de gratis lo que puedo de aqui y de alli sin comprar ni usar nada...aun..ya vendran mejores tiempos...o mejores precios y si no pues nada lo aprendido me servira para otras cosas...soy de mente abierta y al tener 59 vueltas al sol tengo paciencia...lo de correr se los dejo a los jovenes...
...yo aprendi hace mucho que las prisas y modas son malas consejeras...

si con esto estas saturado de informacion...paro y no añado mas...paso al modo mute... y quizas el año que viene le diga algo mas...

mis mejores deseos para mis amigos...donde quiera que esten ...

cuidaros mucho y no bajeis la guardia con el covid

Saludos desde Tenerife
Reply to top
It's nice to have the info, one day I may go over it in detail, better sensors is a good thing.

I can't find the thread about HA but here's one.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-p...ld.525856/

Try searching reef-pi home assistant, there is some talk about it.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(10-05-2020, 11:24 PM)Rob F Wrote: It's nice to have the info, one day I may go over it in detail, better sensors is a good thing.

I can't find the thread about HA but here's one.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-p...ld.525856/

Try searching reef-pi home assistant, there is some talk about it.

thanks for the link...

y por responderme..se que esta muy ocupado 

le hechare un vistazo mas despacio cuando pueda ...que tengo que mirar otras cosas de domotica antes...

...perdone las molestias ...mi mal ingles y mis comentarios en español...

paso a mute para no saturarlo mas

muchos animos...cuidaros mucho y no bajeis la guardia con el covid

Saludos desde Tenerife
Reply to top
Thanks, stay safe as well.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(10-07-2020, 03:56 PM)Rob F Wrote: Thanks, stay safe as well.
thanks..
hey Rob...more info...if you want look...off couse...

https://ledgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5976

Saludos
[-] The following 1 user Likes Salmonetin's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi Salmonetin, thanks for the link, looks like a lot of great stuff on there, I'll have to check some of it out. Hope all is going well.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(11-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Salmonetin, thanks for the link, looks like a lot of great stuff on there, I'll have to check some of it out. Hope all is going well.

hey Rob...there are any problem to move the info of the link here?..
seems to me no love for me in ledgarden...

but maybe you and others like my info here in this thread...or maybe not... lol

waiting for your answer....

Saludos
Reply to top
(11-21-2020, 03:40 AM)Salmonetin Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Salmonetin, thanks for the link, looks like a lot of great stuff on there, I'll have to check some of it out. Hope all is going well.

hey Rob...there are any problem to move the info of the link here?..
seems to me no love for me in ledgarden...

but maybe you and others like my info here in this thread...or maybe not... lol

waiting for your answer....

...ok no problem...answered...then. other erased thread to my collection...

Saludos
Reply to top
Hi Rob ...i go on Mute here too...not love here for me too... K0503

my best wishes for all good people

happy Christmas and New Year...

muchos animos y cuidaos del covid...

Saludos desde Tenerife
Reply to top
Hi Salmonetin, oh no, don't feel that way. I'm sorry I didn't reply, I saw your message was going to and forgot. :( It's a pretty quiet forum, most people are shy. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family as well, I hope it's a good one for you.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
(12-02-2020, 12:04 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Salmonetin, oh no, don't feel that way. I'm sorry I didn't reply, I saw your message was going to and forgot. :( It's a pretty quiet forum, most people are shy. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family as well, I hope it's a good one for you.

...sleeping again?...i feel ignored ..no likes...no hearts...just silence...

estuve ...comparti ...pregunte y no respondio nadie ....que pena....mejor me voy a casa...

una vale...dos....no quiero tres...

Saludos
Reply to top
Wasn't sleeping, that would be a long snooze. :) Sorry again, feel free to post your findings here.
  • Salmonetin
Reply to top
Thumbs Up 
(12-02-2020, 12:32 PM)Rob F Wrote: Wasn't sleeping, that would be a long snooze. :) Sorry again, feel free to post your findings here.

...maybe with some likes or hearts ...masybe next year ...

Saludos desde Tenerife
[-] The following 1 user Likes Salmonetin's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi Rob...other oportunity...my last post... and comment on youtube vid...

https://ledgardener.com/forum/viewtopic....267#p24267

with five or six posts you can give me love or likes on my posts too...

any love or likes are welcome....some love for me here?...

Saludos desde Tenerife
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From France Idefixes 5 1,803 11-25-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Hello All josh237 3 1,516 07-15-2022, 09:13 PM
  Hello from Toronto dcartier 3 1,971 12-24-2021, 11:33 AM
  Hello and general questions Weasel1960 3 3,014 09-09-2020, 11:24 PM