Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-mail setup
Hi Simone, so I just loaded up the forum and happened to see you were the last poster but that's not right because I did reply to this yesterday, I know I even pressed post reply because the post started a 2nd page on the thread. So I don't know what the heck happened and why the message isn't posted. I know I'm not going crazy because I looked up a Keystone RJ45 just to be sure I knew what I was talking about.

When the communications quits working is it only that and controller is still functioning? Did you try logging into the web page to see if it responds? There is nothing setup to notify if communication is lost to display, the only way this can really happen is if the controller locks up and if that's happening it wouldn't be able to send that alert.

Yes can you try reconnecting to the network and restart the controller after you do and mark down the time when you did this and then if it locks the display should show you the time it froze and maybe that will lead me to something. I'm wondering if it's happening every hour or whatever or random.

You can use a Keystone RJ45 just be sure to get all the wire in the correct spot. :) UART can travel far, it's been tested up to 100ft but probably work further.
Reply to top
Thank you very much Rob, not a problem for the little delay :D Ok for the Keystone plug, I'm working on a new housing for the display, in the next days I'll post something on the forum...

this evening I'll put the controller back on the network again and see what happens, I have also reserve an IP on the router to Robo-Tank's mac address so there will be no problem with the address...

Thank you again Rob! :)
Reply to top
No problem. Did you add the IP to the controller sketch? The connection to the network is done via DHCP, not sure if that will cause an issue?
Reply to top
Hi rob, no, I didn't modify anything on the controller sketch... So I started it at 21.55 yesterday 22/06 and it locks at 7.53am on 23/06...
Browser page doesn't work, only the display works but data are not updated...
Another strange thing, this night at 00.53 - 01.53 - 02.53 - 03.53 I've received some emails that shows "External IP Address Changed" but it always the same only with strange characters at the end...
Hope this will help...
Simone
Reply to top
Hi Simone, based on the times it looks like it's freezes when it gets IP address but only sometimes. I wouldn't have seen that but it runs in line with those IP checks, every hour that happens, at 04:53, 05:53 and 06:53 it must have retrieved the correct address as you didn't get the email but at 07:53 something happened when it was checking and it never timed out.

I have experienced some of those external IP emails with garbage at the end but it's never froze so that's different. I guess for now disable the web and I will make some changes for the upcoming update. As there's a definite issue with that and its freezing during the process they probably go together.
Reply to top
Thank you very much Rob! just for reference I had another freeze today at 11.48, so it is random... If can help you I can send you the e-mails with the IP... Let me know..
Thank you

Simone
Reply to top
When you restart the controller the IP check time will send, maybe now it happens at 10:48, 11:48 etc... If you didn't get any emails before the lockup we can't really know.
Reply to top
Hi rob, every time I restart the controller I get 2 emails, One that teels me that the controller was restarted and the second with the external IP of the controller... It seems that it detect a change to the external IP even if it’s always the same...

I have another question, without going too much OT, on the REV-E gen 2 board on which ports do I have to connect the float switches?
Thank you very much again!!
Reply to top
Hi Simone, those emails are defaults but I have added options to disable them and a couple others for next update. I am surprised you have getting so many bad IP checks, it happens to me once and a while but pretty rare. Either way should have it fixed shortly.

I emailed you the diagrams I have which shows all the pin outs on board and connectors. Ignore the port numbers in document though, use the face plate to get the port number.

The pin names are all the same so use them to match to get the updated port number.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Co...-Faceplate
Reply to top
Thank very much Rob, now it's clear! On the expancion board, on Port 18-19-20 (where I can attach the float switch) it is normal that between GND and +5V I don't have 5V? I'm trying to understand how it works because I need to connect a "float" which is an open collector circuit...
thank you again

Simone
Reply to top
No problem, and yeah those are the plugs to use. There should be +5v on those pins, maybe check the connection on the ribbon cable as it goes through there. If it's not working you can get +5v from another pin on the above board. To use those ports you will need to setup custom rules to read the float and control whatever.
Reply to top
(06-12-2019, 03:00 PM)Hi I have same issue sending emails with gmail and smtp 2 go Can you tell me how did you resolve your issue cheers fredsimonv92 Wrote: Yes under the user I have all of these settings...

[Image: fa812deb2d6809d62c9383079f27b476-full.jpg] upload

Maybe I can contact the support?

So, I've contact the SMTP2GO support, they have to unlock your account... After that it works!! :)

Hi

I have same issue sending emails with gmail and smtp 2 go

Can you tell me how did you resolve your issue ?

cheers fred
Reply to top
Hi Fred, can you give me some details on what you experience or can you post an image showing your SMTP2GO dashboard.
Reply to top
(07-17-2019, 01:45 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Fred, can you give me some details on what you experience or can you post an image showing your SMTP2GO dashboard.

Hi rob 

See attached 

I am using gmail as i cannot enter my own domain email as the email field on the controller is short and i have long first names and last names

Also i couldnt find underscore on the controller keyboard 

Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Hi Fred, it looks like it's activated as it's showing 0/1000 emails sent. Can you try your domain email by adding it directly to the files on the controller SD card. Sorry no underscore, I'll have to add that some time.

web2.txt = smtp from email
web3.txt = smtp to email

Is the weather and web page working?
Reply to top
(07-17-2019, 09:16 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Fred, it looks like it's activated as it's showing 0/1000 emails sent. Can you try your domain email by adding it directly to the files on the controller SD card. Sorry no underscore, I'll have to add that some time.

web2.txt = smtp from email
web3.txt = smtp to email

Is the weather and web page working?

Hi Rob

Will try it later once I'm home. It will be nice if i can get it working as i leave for 2 weeks holiday, tomorrow 

Any chance of assigning a static Ip address to the controller and also customise the web page index to show, ph, co2 and only the outlet im using 

Cheers
Reply to top
Hi Fred, oh no, I'm guessing tomorrow is here? I can email you a couple changes if you have time to upload it.
Reply to top
(07-18-2019, 09:08 AM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Fred, oh no, I'm guessing tomorrow is here? I can email you a couple changes if you have time to upload it.

Hi Rob

Please do :)
Reply to top
Hi Fred, I sent a sketch, if you go to line 98 you can change the IP address and on the web page temp 5 is ph 1 and humidity 5 is co2.
Reply to top