Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control original LED lights
There will surely be many users LED lamps which are controlled by a controller and controlled by jack plugs, LAN plugs or manufacturers own. It would be great times that a guide is tinkered. I only have lamps from Aqua Medic that are all negatively controlled and Rob is already working on creating a software function to turn the streams around. say, at 0%, for example, 1.8 volts are present and at 100% 0 volts are present. the respective currents can be adjusted step by step down and at the beginning also simply the programming upside down adjust but a function would be great.
206 gallon tank, 42 gallon technic sump, system triton core 7, 8 dosing Pumps, AM Aquarius, AM Reef LED, AM Ocean LED at TC420, AM Temp controller, Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve M7, 3 Tunze flow pumps at Tunze Multi Controller 7096, AM refill system pro
Reply to top
Hi Gordon, I may have misunderstood you, if you lights are negatively controlled I can't change that with code, that's a hardware solution which I don't have at the moment and no diagrams to do it, something I need to figure out at some point. And to make a guide that would be nice but won't be happening anytime soon as I need all the lights to test. Very little info on most to do any mods through email, need the physical light.
Reply to top
You said you wanted to turn the controls in the software. so at 0% lighting, for example, 1.8 volts are applied and at 100% illumination 0 volts are output. Everybody can adjust the volt number per stepdown module depending on the lamp and the manufacturer. It would be at least a perfect solution to control even original lamps. with negative taxes I mean if you want to have 20% lighting you set the respective channel to 80% then you want to have 100% lighting sets the controller to 0% I just do not know if there are then control problems if the lamps so be managed. a swap the regulator with 0 and 100%, I think the best solution that you can easily control each channel individually either normal or twisted

my original lamps are all from Aqua Medic and have this control. say if the controller is disconnected from the lamp then all channels light up with 100% if controller is plugged in takes over the control. ie if the Aquarius lamp from Aqua Medic has 3.26 volts, all channels are at 0%

You said you wanted to turn the controls in the software. so at 0% lighting, for example, 1.8 volts are applied and at 100% illumination 0 volts are output. Everybody can adjust the volt number per stepdown module depending on the lamp and the manufacturer. It would be at least a perfect solution to control even original lamps. with negative taxes I mean if you want to have 20% lighting you set the respective channel to 80% then you want to have 100% lighting sets the controller to 0% I just do not know if there are then control problems if the lamps so be managed. a swap the regulator with 0 and 100%, I think the best solution that you can easily control each channel individually either normal or twisted
206 gallon tank, 42 gallon technic sump, system triton core 7, 8 dosing Pumps, AM Aquarius, AM Reef LED, AM Ocean LED at TC420, AM Temp controller, Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve M7, 3 Tunze flow pumps at Tunze Multi Controller 7096, AM refill system pro
Reply to top
to solve that one for now you could invert the sliders.
In “nightmode” everything at 100% (or something that corresponds to 3.26v) and in “high-sun” mode all sliders at 0%

But you would need something to protect against overvoltage on the command line of the lights you want to control
Reply to top
if I set a stepdown module for each channel between 3.23 volt should it go or better a resistance ???
Ore what did you mean with protection
Reply to top
You would have to do something about the 3.3v limit, maybe a voltage divider I'm not sure. I'm gong to have a setting to invert the sliders but the voltage will still be 0-5v from controller.
Reply to top
I have this LM2596 stepdown module is it not possible to screw the 5 volts down to 3.26 volts !?

I think this module can turn around the voltage but dun know I’m right

https://www.ebay.de/i/263742963685?chn=p...24ffed4ff6

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
I think this module can turn around the voltage but dun know I’m right

https://www.ebay.de/i/263742963685?chn=p...24ffed4ff6
Reply to top
I don't think that will work as this is a PWM signal, I think you need voltage divider but I'm not certain. Might be best to ask a pro on the Arduino forum how to drop a 5v PWM to what you need. I don't want to mislead you as I'm not really sure the best method.
Reply to top
If you have an Arduino such as Uno or Mega 2560 that puts out 5v on PWM pins you can test it. Here's a nice voltage divider calculator, add the input and desired output, then change Resistor Sequence to E24 and set the Resistor Scale (Ohms) to 1000 so you get ohms.

For your 1.8v max you would need R1 = 11k, R2 = 6.2k.

Under the calculator is a diagram showing how to wire in the resistors, you need to do this to each LED channel or pin from Arduino you use.

http://www.ti.com/download/kbase/volt/volt_div3.htm
Reply to top
I found this Chip when I correct understood
I stepdown 5 Volt pwm with stepdown module to the voltage each channel needed
eg 3,26 Volt after I put some ICL7660 to turn around voltage. See attachment
Make a bridge from cap +/-
Connect ground 
Connect v+ on stepdown eg 3,26 Volt and into the led channel
Vout to turn around voltage.
I test it when I can get robo Controller if mainboard is available!
I hope you soon have new main boards!
because it tingles so slowly in the fingers
To setup Robo Tank to my new system

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
If that drops down the PWM voltage it looks like a nice solution, I don't know anything about it, I'll have to pull up the datasheet later.
Reply to top
When you get mainboards let me know
I want to buy
But you must take a set for me you know what I mean!
Then I can test it and post it in forum if it not going I contact forum for help!
Reply to top
Yes I will keep you informed, I know you will need help so I want to be sure I have time to do that.
Reply to top
That’s very good
and you know german translation to me when you need translate
Reply to top
Now I measured the third Original Aqua Medic Led Lamp named Reef Light.
It have 3,8 voltage controller max.
You have look for Chip that turned around voltage and reed Datasheed? I know you have many thinks to do only ask because checkup before get nearly Robo Controller

When I get Robo Controller I test it and post all what I want to control
And I think that’s are many thinks

When I get Robo Controller I test it and post all what I want to control
And I think that’s are many thinks
Reply to top
No I haven't looked for anything, it's something I can't do without a light of my own, I don't want to give you wrong info as I don't know.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 15,355 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  16 Channel LED Signal Converter PCB Rob F 28 29,243 06-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Rob F