Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After installation from 4,2 to 5,13 problem
Hi Rob,

Today I updated the controller from 4.2 to 5.13 as directed. I followed everything written. After the launch, the controller was updated normally and everything was OK. But all the inscriptions are back. Even when I pressed "Connect Equipment", the "Flow meters" menu opens. Everything is reversed. Is it possible that the CPLD 7 inches calibration file that I put in the library is the problem.
All the best

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
(06-12-2019, 03:52 AM)vilich Wrote: This is displayed at the beginning when updating the controller.
All the best

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Hi Iliyan, the display is mirrored because of the library, I emailed you the correct one. Replace the libraries in your documents/arduino/libraries folder. For the touch it sounds like a calibration file error, I also sent one that should work, replace this before opening and uploading the display sketch.
Reply to top
Hi Rob
I did not see the calibration file in the email.
Reply to top
I put the file I believe is correct in the library folder already so just copying over the libraries should cover everything. I also added a 2nd calibration file, it's in the root directory of the download, its the UTouchCD.h file. I just looked and see its in the zip file.
Reply to top
No change after uploading.
Reply to top
Did you close all Arduino IDE's before uploading the sketch? If the IDE is open there's a good chance the changes weren't seen as some are loaded when the IDE is opened.
Reply to top
Yes i closed all Arduino IDE's before uploading the sketch
Reply to top
Hmm, that should have worked, I sent the same files I sent a few others who had the same issue. Did you remember to change the line in display sketch to CPLD display? Can you try deleting all the libraries in your documents/arduino/libraries folder and trying again. Any chance you created a backup folder for libraries in the libraries folder? If there's duplicate libraries even in different sub directories it can cause issues. It does seem like the updated libraries aren't being seen, I think the problem was in the SD library.
Reply to top
Hi Rob

Yes, I changed the line in display sketch to CPLD display before compile the skript. I deleted all the libraries in my documents/arduino/libraries folder. I copied again libraries.
I formated the sd-card and copy all the files new on the sd-card. Upload display sketch, but nothing change.
Reply to top
Hi Iliyan, I emailed a link to download the files again, this is a different set in case I messed up so try replacing them again.
Reply to top
Had the same thing, But changing the library’s worked for me.

If you need to set up the controller in case your life support is compomised you can use a mirror. Touch isn’t affected by the inverted text
Reply to top
Hi Rob

I loaded the new library and now everything is ok. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
But on the screen the temperature is written in four digits, something like 5500C, 4900C.
Reply to top
No problem, glad you got it working. Curious, what version is your controller board? It'll say Rev E or something under the logo. Also as you just updated to v5 go to system, settings and press and hold restore defaults, this might sort it out.
Reply to top
Yes, Rev-E.
Display is Rev-6.
Reply to top
Ok that sounds good, did restoring sort out the temps?
Reply to top
Hi Rob
I'm sorry. I've been busy for two days. I restored to v5, but no change for temperature.
Reply to top
Hi Iliyan, no worries. It sounds like a setting isn't correct, can you try going to settings, hardware, equipment connected, and uncheck every box and then check it again.

If that doesn't work try going to settings, hardware, temp sensors and cycle the 5 seconds from DHT22 to DS18B20.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
I followed the above instructions, but nothing happened.
Reply to top
When you first updated to v5 did you run the "pre-update" sketch in the package?

I'm thinking when you do the restore defaults its only happening on the display so you will have to try and load the pre-update sketch on both display and controller. After the upload completes leave the display alone for about 7 minutes, then upload to controller and do the same. Then upload the 5.13.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origninal Robo-Tank problem Rob Wheatley 5 3,998 05-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Heaters did not shut off after maintenance midwestE 6 5,415 03-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: midwestE
  Forum Profile Problem Gordon Lehmann 3 3,793 03-06-2019, 02:55 PM
  Display Problem simonv92 12 8,936 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM