This is a pre-order, I expect to start shipping the first batch around March 1, 2020. A 2nd batch of boards will be ordered shortly along with face plates, these won't be available until early March 2020. Order now to save big which also helps me get everything stocked.
This is the standard plug and play controller with one 8 outlet AC power bar for Reef-pi. Although plug and play you still need to load Reef-pi on your Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in.
- Standard controller circuit board installed in case
- Top face plate for case installed
- 8 Outlet AC power bar circuit board installed in case - North American Outlets
- 6ft DB9 male to female serial cable to connect power bar
- 5ft AC Power Cord (for powering up AC Power Bar)
- 13 2-4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- 12v DC power adapter to power up the controller/ Raspberry Pi, between 3-10 Amps depending on the DC equipment you connect to controller
- Raspberry Pi Zero W, Pi 3 or Pi 4
3D Printed Cases and Face Plate
Leave a note in the special request box on the right side with the Raspberry Pi you'll be using so I print the correct case.
8 Outlet AC Power Bar Circuit Board
The AC power bar circuit board can handle 10 Amp at 120v - 240v, The power bar has no wires internally and is protected with a replaceable 10 Amp fuse. Each of the 8 relays are protected with a heavy duty snubber so they won't be damaged from inductive loads such as motors. The board doesn't come with AC outlets but you can add them on the right side of the page.
- 8 switchable outlets
- On board 5x20mm replaceable 10 Amp fuse
- 120v - 240v AC Input / Output
- Each outlet can support up to 10 Amps
- Power Bar can support up to 10 Amps maximum between all 8 outlets
- Heavy duty snubbers protecting relays from inductive loads
- Connects to controller using a standard DB9 9 pin Serial cable (not included)
Controller is small in size but it packs a punch
All Robo-Tank hardware is built using high quality, over sized components so you can expect it to operate for many years to come. The Reef-pi standard controller board is 78mm x 100mm squared off. The Raspberry Pi gets power through the board so you only need a 12v DC power supply to power the full system. If you use a Pi 3 or 4 two of the outside edges are lined up with the edge of the controller board so you have access to the ports through the case.
Emergency Backup Float Switch Port for DC Port 3
This is a special backup port for DC port 3, a float switch is connected, if open DC port 3 will turn off. It bypasses the Raspberry Pi and other electronics so it always works.
Click the image below to load an interact 3D model, press bottom right button to go full screen and use mouse wheel to zoom in and pan around. Note the case and face plate shown in the image below are optional on this listing.
Ports, Ports and more Ports
There are a total of 37 ports, as the board comes you can connect any any combination of the following up to a count of 37.
- Up to 24 relays for AC outlets
- Up to 5 DC powered devices (12v default, with external power supply 6v-48v)
- Up to 21 digital sensors
- Up to 14 5v PWM ports
- DS18B20 temperature sensors (multiple sensors technically share a port and can only use one port)
- Up to 4 pH/ORP circuits
This is how I've allocated the 37 ports using specific connectors to make connections easy. The above list reflects what can actually connect to these ports, these are only labels. For example, after 16 relays you would use some 5v PWM ports or use some relay ports for more digital sensors.
- 16 Relays for AC outlets - one DB9 serial socket + 8 header pins
- 4 Heavy Duty DC ports - each port has a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 1 Auto Feeder port (standard DC) - uses a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 1 Emergency Backup Float Switch Port - uses a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 3 Digital Sensor Ports - each port has a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 4 5v PWM Ports - uses a single 4 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 8 5v PWM Ports - uses 8 header pins
- 5 DS18B20 Temperature Ports - 2 use a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector, 3 use header pins (note you may be able to connect more sensors on the same pins)
Reef-pi Standard Aquarium Controller + AC Power Bar Plug and Play
- Product Code: reefpiPPbKit
- Availability: Pre-Order
- $199.95 USD