This is a pre-order, I expect to start shipping when the Kickstarter campaign ends.
This is the deluxe plug and play controller with two 8 outlet AC power bar for Reef-pi giving you 16 switchable outlets total. Although plug and play you still need to load Reef-pi on your Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in. Please note the pH circuit is optional, see right side of page.
- Deluxe controller circuit board installed in case
- Top face plate for case installed
- Auto top off extension board with 3D printed case
- Standard USB-A Male to Male cable to connect ATO extension board
- Two 8 Outlet AC power bar circuit board installed in case - North American Outlets
- Two 6ft DB9 male to female serial cable to connect power bar
- Two 5ft AC Power Cord for powering up AC power bar
- 19 2-4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- 12v DC power adapter to power up the controller/ Raspberry Pi, between 3-10 Amps depending on the DC equipment you connect to controller
- Raspberry Pi Zero W, Pi 3 or Pi 4
- If you add the pH circuit you need a probe
Optional pH Circuit
If you want to monitor pH you will need a circuit. Due to the cost I've left this as an option on the right side of the page. The deluxe controller board has a placeholder so it can be soldered flush to the board integrating it into the system. You can connect up to 3 additional pH circuits using the spare header pins. Note the circuit I offer is fully isolated and can be set to read either pH or ORP, you can also use the pH circuit from Atlas Scientific however it will cost quite a bit more.
3D Printed Cases and Face Plate
Leave a note in the special request box on the right side with the Raspberry Pi you'll be using so I print the correct case.
8 Outlet AC Power Bar Circuit Board
The AC power bar circuit board can handle 10 Amp at 120v - 240v, The power bar has no wires internally and is protected with a replaceable 10 Amp fuse. Each of the 8 relays are protected with a heavy duty snubber so they won't be damaged from inductive loads such as motors. The board doesn't come with AC outlets but you can add them on the right side of the page.
- 8 switchable outlets
- On board 5x20mm replaceable 10 Amp fuse
- 120v - 240v AC Input / Output
- Each outlet can support up to 10 Amps
- Power Bar can support up to 10 Amps maximum between all 8 outlets
- Heavy duty snubbers protecting relays from inductive loads
- Connects to controller using a standard DB9 9 pin Serial cable (not included)
Controller is Small in size but it packs a punch
All Robo-Tank hardware is built using high quality, over sized components so you can expect it to operate for many years to come. The Reef-pi deluxe controller board is 140mm x 102mm squared off. The Raspberry Pi gets power through the board so you only need a 12v DC power supply to power the full system. If you use a Pi 3 or 4 two of the outside edges are lined up with the edge of the controller board so you have access to the ports through the case.
Emergency Backup Float Switch Port for DC Port 3
This is a special backup port for DC port 3, a float switch is connected, if open DC port 3 will turn off. It bypasses the Raspberry Pi and other electronics so it always works.
Automatic Top Off Expansion Board
An advance feature on the deluxe controller is the USB port for the automatic top off system. Wiring can get messy and fragile connections for your sensors when you DIY an ATO but with the ATO USB port you don't need to cut a single wire. The controller comes with a miniature connector expansion board, this allows you to plug the optical sensor and backup float switch with the connectors that come factory installed on the optical sensor. Then simply plug the connection expansion into the controller using any length USB cable. The sensors can be used for things other than ATO functions.
Click the image below to load an interact 3D model, press bottom right button to go full screen and use mouse wheel to zoom in and pan around. Note the case, face plate and pH circuit shown in the image below are optional on this listing.
Ports, Ports and more Ports
There are a total of 40 ports, as the board comes you can connect any any combination of the following up to a count of 40.
- Up to 24 relays for AC outlets
- Up to 10 DC powered devices (12v default, with external power supply 6v-48v)
- Up to 21 digital sensors
- Up to 9 5v PWM ports
- DS18B20 temperature sensors (multiple sensors technically share a port and can only use one port)
- Up to 4 pH circuits
This is how I've allocated the 37 ports using specific connectors to make connections easy. The above list reflects what can actually connect to these ports, these are only labels. For example, after 16 relays you would use some 5v PWM ports or use some relay ports for more digital sensors.
- 16 Relays for AC Outlets - two DB9 serial sockets
- 7 Heavy Duty DC Ports - each port has a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 2 Standard DC Ports - uses header pins
- 1 Auto Feeder Port (standard DC) - uses a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 1 Emergency Backup Float Switch Port - uses a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 3 Digital Sensor Ports - each port has a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 2 Digital Sensor Ports - uses a USB-A female socket
- 8 5v PWM Ports - uses two 4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- 7 DS18B20 Temperature Ports - 3 use a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector, 4 use header pins
Reef-pi Deluxe Aquarium Controller + Two AC Power Bar Plug and Play
- Product Code: reefpiPPdKit2
- Availability: Pre-Order