This is the deluxe controller with pH circuit and includes one 8 outlet AC power bar for Reef-pi fully assembled. Although plug and play you still need to load Reef-pi on your Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in. Here's a manual showing how to do that and one to setup the Raspberry Pi.
The controller has a fully isolated pH circuit built in, simply plug in any pH probe with a BNC connector and you're ready to accurately monitor your pH.
Available with 8 North American or 6 Universal outlets for use in most countries. The power bars use high quality Omron relays, includes a replaceable fuse and has no wires internally for safety and reliability.
We recommend the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W or Pi 3 B+, the Pi 4 is ok but overkill and does run on the hot side. If you follow the links below and scroll 3/4 down the page you can find a Pi dealer in your location.
- https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero-2-w/ - Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
- https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-plus/ - Raspberry Pi 3 B+
- Deluxe controller installed in 3D printed case
- Face plate installed on case
- Sensor extension installed in 3D printed case
- North American OR Universal AC power bar installed in 3D printed case - select outlet type on right side
- 21 2-4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- 3ft USB-A Male to Male cable
- CR1220 Battery (Canada and USA only)
Parts required to power up and run controller - see options on right side
- Raspberry Pi Zero W, Pi Zero 2 W, Pi 3 or Pi 4 - EXAMPLE
- Recommend microSD card - EXAMPLE
- 12v-24v DC power adapter to power up the controller and Raspberry Pi, between 1-5 Amps depending on the DC equipment you connect - EXAMPLE
- Straight Through DB9 9 pin Serial cable to connect power bar to controller - EXAMPLE
- AC Power Cord to power up AC power bar - EXAMPLE
- If you want to monitor pH you need a probe - EXAMPLE
3D Printed Cases and Face Plate
The controller and power bar comes in a 3D printed case, choose your choice of color on the right side and select which Raspberry Pi you'll be using as the case is custom to it. There many be small defects due to 3D printing but any will be minor and only have a visual effect.
AC Power Bar
Note: The universal AC power bar only has 6 AC outlets due to size and spacing required for UK plugs.
6 or 8 Outlet AC Power Bar Circuit Board
The North America and universal AC power bar circuit board can handle 10 Amp at 120v - 240v, The power bars have no wires internally and are protected with a replaceable 10 Amp fuse.
- 6 or 8 switchable outlets
- On board 5x20mm replaceable 10 Amp fuse
- 120v - 240v AC Input / Output
- Each outlet can support up to 10 Amps
- Power Bar can support up to 10 Amps maximum between all outlets
- Connects to controller using a straight through DB9 9 pin Serial cable (not included)
Ports, Ports and more Ports
There are a total of 40 ports, as the board comes you can connect any any combination of the following up to a count of 40.
- Up to 24 relays for AC outlets
- Up to 7 DC powered devices (12v-24v depending on power supply)
- Up to 22 digital sensors
- Up to 8 5v/10 PWM or Analog ports
- DS18B20 temperature sensors
- Up to 4 pH circuits
This is how I've allocated the ports using specific connectors to make connections easy. The above list reflects what can actually connect to these ports, these are only labels. For example, after 16 relays you would use some 5v PWM ports or use some relay ports for more digital sensors.
- 16 Relays for AC Outlets (12 for Universal power bar) - two DB9 serial sockets
- 6 Heavy Duty DC Ports - each port has a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 1 Auto Feeder Port (standard DC) - uses a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 3 Emergency Backup Float Switch Ports for DC Port - uses a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 2 Emergency Backup Float Switch Ports for AC Outlet - uses a 2 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 3 Digital Sensor Ports - each port has a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector
- 3 Digital Sensor Ports - xH-4 connector (what comes installed on the sensor)
- 8 Configurable 5v/10v PWM or Analog Ports - uses two 4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- 2 DS18B20 Temperature Ports - 3 use a 3 pin pluggable screw terminal connector,
Reef-pi Deluxe Aquarium Controller + AC Power Bar Fully Assembled
- Product Code: reefpiPPdKit
- Availability: In Stock
- $249.95 USD
|North America - Type B Outlet|
|Universal AC Outlet (UK - EU - AU - US)||+ $6.00 USD|
|Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with Header Soldered||+ $35.00 USD|
|32gb Samsung Pro Endurance microSD card||+ $18.00 USD|
|12v - 2amp AC Power Supply||+ $8.00 USD|
|Monoprice 6ft DB9 Serial Cable - Straight Through Male to Female||+ $8.00 USD|
|5ft AC Power Cord - 18awg, 10 amp||+ $5.00 USD|
|DS18B20 Waterproof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe 3 meter cable||+ $8.95 USD|
|Optical Water Level Sensor||+ $10.95 USD|
|Reversible Float Switch||+ $3.49 USD|
|XKC-Y25-V Non-Contact Water Sensor||+ $14.49 USD|